Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Neon Flowers

I'm trying out a new thing: style posts! I won't claim that I am a fashionista, or that I even really know what I'm doing. In fact, I'm kind of terrified to try this out! Who am I to post about style? I have no background in fashion, and I don't follow the rules, actually, I don't really even know the rules in the first place! But here's the thing, if something scares you because you're not good at it, or you're insecure about what others will say, or you have no clue what you're doing, then maybe that thing is going to stretch you and grow your potential. Maybe, even though it's scary, it's worth it to plug your nose and plunge into the water. I have this problem with not posting things until they are perfect, but that just means I never post at all!! So instead of tailoring each post to be as perfect as possible, I would rather just put it out there! I'd rather face the fear of not knowing what I'm doing, and just do it (thank you, Nike). It's no fun living life saying, "if only." If you want to do it, then do it, and don't worry what others will say. I shouldn't worry that there are others more qualified to post about style or beauty, I should focus on myself and what I want to do, no matter if other people don't understand my journey. I am figuring out my journey as I go, and I'm pretty excited about the future! I will be posting on here more often so I will start unveiling my new journey organically, but for now, I'm moving forward with faith in my journey and a cute neon shirt! And if you need a little extra courage to not care about what others say, then here's a quote I found the other day that has really stuck with me and given me the courage to post new things:







#amiright?










So without further adieu, here's my first style post. Today's first outfit is the perfect work-to-date outfit for summer! It's a bright, neon, floral top which is flirty and summery, paired with white to give the neon a pop.




| Shirt: Amara Day Spa | Pants: H&M | Purse: Tai Pan Trading | Chevron Ring: Old Navy | Sandals: Forever 21 |




*Disclaimer, yes those are selfies. Like I said, I'd rather post an imperfect post than never post at all because I try to get it perfect. So...selfies it is!
**Disclaimer 2, make sure to wash your bright top separately before you wear it. I didn't wash mine first and the neon bled all over my white undershirt! Luckily, there's spray-n-wash!

2 comments:

holtkamp said...

You have great style! Looking forward to this series :)

Allison said...

This is awesome, Lexi! I always thought you'd do really well at something like this :)