Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Domaign #6: Beach Tote

After a one-month hiatus (sort of...I had a pretend Domaign event last month) it's time to announce my sixth monthly Domaign class!!! I'm so excited to announce this one, it might be my most favorite event ever. I am doing another collaboration this month with my friend who is the extremely talented Sarah from anne b designs. If you don't know who she is, make sure to read her bio at the end, you won't wanna miss the bags she is launching with her crowdfunding campaign with Indiegogo! The Domaign event this month is sort off a kick-off to her event two days later, where she is hosting the same class that Domaign is doing (cost is $5 more) and she has two other classes too. This class is gonna be killer, as well as her event, because Sarah knows her stuff and is gonna walk us through every step of the way!

So what is June's class? We are making beach totes!! These totes can seriously fit everything you'll need, I kept adding more and more to show you how much it fits! I even added a pillow, 'cuz, sure...you could need a pillow at the beach or by the pool, right? haha... That's what I thought. And even though I don't live by the beach, I'm gonna pretend every time I use it that I'm at the beach and not by the pool. So who wants to take the class with me?












WHEN IS THE CLASS?
–In Two Weeks!!

Tuesday, June 24th, 7pm MST
My home in Lehi, UT
I'll send you a confirmation email with the address once your spot is reserved.

RESERVE YOUR SPOT
–Send your payment to Sarah's PayPal
  • The class is $25 and covers all materials, supplies and instructions.
  • All reservations come with the natural canvas exterior, camel tan leather straps and pocket, and your choice of lining! Choose from floral, pinstripe, or coral. 
  • Please register for the class by sending $25 to Sarah's PayPal account email anneb.sarah@gmail.com (NOT MINE! and don't purchase the class on her website, that's for her event, NOT Domaign). When you send the money, make a note as to which lining fabric you want.
  • The class is first come first serve with a cap at 15 people. So sign up ASAP, this class WILL sell out!











Now, let me introduce Sarah and her upcoming event!

Sarah Burroughs is originally from Virginia Beach, Virginia, studied dance and advertising at BYU, and is now living in Salt Lake City pursuing her dreams in the sewing world. She is a self taught seamtress and designer and established anne b designs (her middle name and last initial) once she graduated from BYU 2 years ago. anne b specializes in handmade women's bags that are sold in several boutiques in Utah, sold on popular online shops, featured in two local magazines, and sold 200+ products in Paris, France with a roaring response from customers!



Last summer, she had the privilege of volunteering in Uganda, Africa last summer to teach women and children how to sew her bag designs. They were quick and eager to learn and that's when Sarah found her love for teaching. So when she returned to the states, she wanted to bring that same spirit of innovation and creativity to her community. 



Sarah is launching a crowdfunding campaign through Indiegogo on June 26 to raise money to fund for the development of a sewing school in Salt Lake City, Utah, which she will call MADE. Backers will then receive a bag handmade by local refugees whom she'll personally mentor and ensure quality production. 

On the night of the launch, she is hosting a sewing workshop, The MADE Workshop, in downtown Salt Lake to introduce the essence of the sewing school to the community. The MADE Workshop will offer 3 instructional courses open for women and men - learn the basics of sewing, make a tote bag, or make a skirt. See photos, details, and register for courses here - www.annebdesigns.com


5 comments:

em said...

Hey!

I would love to sign up for the class but I can't find the June 24th class in Lehi, only a June 26th class in SLC. Not quite sure if it's the same one or not... Thanks for your help!

Emily

Alexi Bullock Design said...

Emily! So sorry, the text in the post was totally confusing. I've fixed it now. You can purchase the class by sending the payment to her PayPal account. Let me know that you've seen this!

em said...

Perfect! Thanks!

Tracy Mills said...

I'm so excited to do this!

ceebee said...

Do you know how badly I want to come to this!! :(